I’ve never been one to do New Year’s resolutions, but I’ve decided to set up some goals for myself for the new year. I need something to shoot for this year and I’m hoping I’ll hold myself more accountable by posting it on Puppies & Pretties. Plus, you can see what I have planned for P&P for the next year 🙂
Goals for Puppies & Pretties
- Get stats put on P&P and update them monthly. This is something that I know I should do stat (pun intended), but just need to sit down and get it formatted pretty.
- Set up sponsorships. I’ve done one sponsorship, one is running right now, and 2 more in the que. After those experiences, I want to set up sponsorships on P&P. Timeline: by end of Q1.
- Set up a photo space. I’ve talked about my lack of indoor photo space a few times. So I asked for a light kit for Christmas. My husband gave me this one. Now that I have that, I need to clean out a corner of the basement (at least I think that is where I’m going to do it) and buy a white background. I’m pretty excited for this, as it will give me more options for outfit posts and I won’t be as reliant on nice weather to get photos taken.
- Be more active. Since I started at my current job, my activity level has plummeted. Since I have a FitBit, I can really see the difference. Before, my normal day (no extra walks or exercise) would be 7,000-8,000 steps. Now? I’m lucky to hit 5,000. That might not seem much, but when you consider a mile is about 2,000 steps and multiply that out every day, it adds up FAST. I joined the gym again in September, and I need to keep to my 2x a week schedule there. I’m hoping that my sprained finger will also heal soon so I can actually do a workout rather than cardio equipment. It is tough to hold on to a dumbbell when you can’t grip it! I’m also playing in 2 volleyball leagues starting in January, so that will help too.
- Start saving money. I really need to do this. I don’t even care if it is only $10 a month, I need to get that money out of my checking account and somewhere else. Do you have any suggestions on a online bank that has good rates for savings (or other non-checking) accounts?
- Only buy things I need or love. I’ve been really good at buying things that I like that are on sale. And then they languish in my closet. So one of my goals it to only buy things that I really need or absolutely love. Do I really need another striped shirt? No, probably not. I’m going to work on stepping away from the checkout (both in store and online). I’m also hoping that this will make me take into account what I already have in my closet – time to shop in there more often!
- Wear lipstick. Weird goal? Probably. I’ve been a tinted chapstick kind of girl for the past year and feel it is time for an upgrade. And honestly? I have so many different lipsticks at home it isn’t even funny. I’ve been an avid Clinique user since high school so I’m always getting free lipsticks in their GWP. The one thing that I do need to get is lip liner, but I think I can handle that.
There you have it! I’m signing off until the 5th. Tell me in the comments what your goals are for the new year or if you have any suggestions on how to achieve my goals!