I know, I know. Creating a monthly budget is certainly not pretty. But hang with me for a sec. I’ve decided that I need to create a monthly budget and stick to it. I figured the best way to do that is put it on Puppies & Pretties for everyone to see and then I almost have to stick to it 🙂
I’ve come to the realization that I have plenty of clothes. I don’t really need any more. But I always enjoy getting new things to mix into my wardrobe. Plus there are always items that need to be replaced. I also need to just save money for other things – at the same time, I’m going to open an actual account to start just putting money away for the future. So while I might not be a super saver/non-spender like Stephanie at Not Entirely Perfect (I am always impressed with her non-spending!) I need to start taking baby steps!
Monthly Clothing Budget Setup
- The first of each month, I will set aside $100.
- This money won’t go into an actual account, but I have a spreadsheet that I will use to track it
- I’m “seeding” my account with $100 now that I received from selling a couple bags of clothes and shoes at Plato’s Closet
- Any additional money I get from items sold (a couple pieces of jewelry and shoes that are brand new) will also be put towards my budget
- Not included in the budget restrictions: gym/workout apparel, underthings (socks, underwear, bras, etc)
- Unused money will roll over each month, allowing me to save up for an investment piece
- Early each month, I’ll do another Weekly Pretties post recapping everything I purchased the last month. See, I told you there would be a tie in to Weekly Pretties!
Whew! So there you go. That is my plan. Do you have any suggestions for me? Did I miss anything that I should put down in my “rules?” How do you regularly budget?