First full month of trying to stick to a budget is complete! I ended up going over, but I still think I’m making progress towards sticking to it more. The end of summer sales (seriously, how is July considered end of summer ?!?) ended up being my weakness. Read on to see what I purchased.
- Spirit Jersey from Country Club Prep $31: I seriously love spirit jerseys. I wear them all summer long over tank tops when I’m sitting in the air conditioning. They are that perfect lightweight layer.
- Madras Fit & Flair Shirtdress from Gap $3 (similar): This dress is fantastic. Plus for $3, I couldn’t go wrong. I used rewards plus a coupon code to get that price. I do quite a bit of shopping at Old Navy and Gap, so having a Gap Card makes sense. Then I get great deals like this.
- Brown floral dress from Lands’ End $36: I showed this in a Weekly Pretties post not too long ago and I scooped it up a week or so later. I can’t wait to wear it with black leggings and brown boots!
- Red Virginia dress from Lauren James via Country Club Prep $51: I’ve had my eye on this dress for some time and when CCP had a sale, I just had to get it! I’ve already featured it here.
- Striped dress from Tommy Hilfiger via Macy’s $18 (similar): I had to go to Macy’s for some eye cream, and I happened to walk past the clearance section. I should never do that. I literally did the walk by, stopped, and backpedaled as soon as I saw this dress.
- Boat graphic tee from Tommy Hilfiger via Macy’s $9 (similar): How could I leave this shirt on the rack?
- Blue pattern kimono from Forever 21 $9 (similar): FINALLY found a kimono that I like. It was actually in the swim section, so if you have an F21 nearby be sure to check there.
July Clothing Total: $154
- Black and white Madison crossbody from GiGi New York $0: Here is my big tip of the month. I always watch for stores/brands that I love when they have gift card sales between Thanksgiving and Christmas. GiGi New York always has one. So I got a $150 card for $130 plus a leather business card holder. Then I held the card until July when they have their summer sale. Even better? I also got a phone wallet for free because of a promo during the sale. Win. Win. Win.
- Black heels from DSW $40: These are surprisingly comfy and will be great for work.
- Red b.o.c. clogs from DSW $30: I have to wear closed toe shoes to work and these are great. They are perfect for pants.
- Blue swim shorts from Lands’ End $8: These are way better than the junky junior sized ones I had.
- Palm print swim tankini from Lands’ End $22: Ever since this was released earlier this year, I’ve sale stalked it. It finally went low enough for me to buy.
- Black knee high boots from Clarks via Amazon $70: I needed to replace my old black boots as they were all scratched up. I’ve been waiting for a pair like these to go on sale and these finally did.
- Panama hat from Forever 21 $9: I’m happy to have finally found a panama hat, especially for this price! Last seen here and here.
- Sperry shoes from Sperry $50: Because these are amazing. That is all.
- Zella leggings via Nordstrom $33: These leggings are a staple for me all winter. I decided to get a replacement pair during the Nordstrom sale.
July shoes & accessories total: $260
Do you set yourself a budget? Did the end of summer get you like they did me?
Shop the post